The Operations Maintenance Position
Jacksonville Equestrian Center
Provide general maintenance/ground duties at the Jacksonville Equestrian Center. Responsible for physical set-up, clean-up, tear down of events and grounds/arena maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As directed, assists in setting up and breaking down events. Set-up of arenas, stalls, etc.
- Moves heavy equipment associated with events such as show jumps, props, tables, chairs, etc.
- Performs grounds maintenance, mowing, edging, etc.
- Operates turf maintenance equipment to include reel mowers, zero turn mowers, utility carts, tractors, arena drags, top-dresser and hand tools.
- Performs irrigation maintenance and repairs.
- Various carpentry projects in offices, arena, barns and general grounds as required to include new construction and/or repair.
- Proficient in the proper use of power/hand tools and related safety practices.
- Perform basic waterproofing functions such as removal and reinstallation of caulking.
- Perform concrete patching and coating as required
- Painting of various surfaces as required to include paint removal and surface preparation.
- Maintain and provide janitorial services of indoor and outdoor restrooms and all areas of the Equestrian facility.
- Maintain and clean barn areas.
- Must adhere to all safety standards and operations
- All other duties as assigned.
- Constant reaching, climbing, bending and stooping.
- Performing work through repetitive eye/hand coordination.
- Involves walking and standing for long periods of time.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- High degree of mobility and physical stamina required.
- Operate cleaning equipment and heavy machinery and self-propelled equipment.
- Must be able to read signs and follow simple oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands, frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Must have knowledge of the proper use of a variety of maintenance tools and equipment.
- Ability to organize priorities and work as part of team
- Ability to complete job tasks during specified time
- Must have dependable work history
- Must have strong customer service and interpersonal skills
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma/GED preferred.
- Work experience in maintaining large scale facilities, equipment maintenance, logistics/planning preferred
- Working knowledge of applicable OSHA, state and other work environment and safety regulations preferred
- Working knowledge of fire and public safety issues
- Position is exposed to adverse weather conditions such as dirty, hot, cold, wet floors, chemicals, fumes, confined areas and uncomfortable spaces.
- Subject to adverse noise levels, from moderate to loud.
- Required use of protective equipment as may be needed for a specific task.
- Familiarity and comfort with animals (horses, cattle, dogs etc.)
- Ability to withstand odors, dander, etc. [resented by exposure to large animals (horses, cattle, etc.)
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to work extended and/or irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
City of Jacksonville safety courses will be required upon hire.