Florida’s most affordable destination offers travelers the chance to have an amazing time without opening their wallets. From luxurious hotels with low rates, to free parking at the beaches, our destination offers visitors the experience of a lifetime without paying for it for life!
Free Fun Around Jacksonville
- Enjoy a day by the river with music, food and local crafts at the Riverside Arts Market.
- Explore one of our 450 City Parks, 7 State Parks and 2 National Parks. They are all free!
- Go for a hike at the Jacksonville Arboretum and Gardens.
- Visit dozens of art galleries, browse local arts and crafts, listen to live music, and mingle with the locals during Art Walk, every first Wednesday of the month in Downtown.
- Spend the day at one Jacksonville’s Beaches, basking in the sun. Plenty of free parking!
- Paddleboarding or surfing in Jacksonville Beach.
- Take a guided tour of Kingsley Plantation, the oldest Plantation house in Florida.
- Don’t miss free Tuesdays at the Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens. One of the most visited museums in the Southeast.
- Friendship Fountain with the Northbank’s Jacksonville Landing in Downtown Jacksonville.
- Spend an afternoon in Hemming Park. Enjoy live music, kid-friendly activities, food trucks, and more. Monday – Friday in the heart of Downtown.
- Take a self-guided tour of the Jax Heritage Trail. Jacksonville is rich with African-American history, discover it!
- The Beaches Town Center, where Atlantic Beach and Neptune Beach meet, presents the North Beaches’ Art Walk the third Thursday of each month. Check out local restaurants, bars and boutiques while in the area too.
- Walk the RiverWalk in Downtown and spot dolphins and manatees
- Running, biking or walking the RiverWalk from Downtown to Riverside.
- Visiting Atlantic Beach, it’s only 15 miles from Downtown and it’s as quaint a beach town as they get!
Friendship Fountain overlooking the Downtown Jacksonville Skyline.
- Spotting the murals in Downtown Jacksonville.
Attractions Only in Jacksonville
- Adventure Kayak Florida http://adventurekayakflorida.com
- Catty Shack Ranch and Wildlife Refuge: www.cattyshack.org
- Beaches Museum & History Park: www.beachesmuseum.org
- First Wednesday Art Walk in Downtown Jacksonville: http://jacksonvilleartwalk.com
- Fort Caroline National Memorial
- Kayak Amelia Eco-Tours: www.kayakamelia.com
- Kingsley Plantation
- Museum of Science and History MOSH: www.themosh.org
- Nature & Sunset cruises onboard the St. Johns River Taxi www.jaxrivertaxi.com
- Riverside Arts Market: http://riversideartsmarket.com
- Sweet Pete’s Candy Factory Tour in Downtown: www.sweetpetescandy.com
- The Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens: www.cummermuseum.org
- The Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens: www.jacksonvillezoo.org
- The Jax Ale Trail Passport: www.JaxAleTrail.com
- Top to Bottom Walking Tour of Downtown: http://adlibtours.com/Tours.html
- The Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens.
- The Bryan-Gooding Planetarium at MOSH.
- Hanna Park.
- Golfing at one of our area’s 70 courses. Sip a beer at one of our local tap rooms and getting your Jax Ale Trail Passport stamped. Kayak tour of the Timucuan Preserve and its marshes.
- Riding on the Jacksonville River Taxi in Downtown.Sun Ray Cinema in Five Points in Riverside.